- When do we collect your personal information?
- Personal Information
- What we do with the personal information you provide to us?
- Storage of personal information
- Links to other websites
- No longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes?
- To update your records or access your information
- Analytics & Cookies
2. When do we collect your personal information?
We would really like to send you details about our products, services, offers and promotions but we will only do so when you tell us that you are happy to receive this information. You can let us know that you would like to receive this information either in-store or online.
We will also ask for and use your personal information when you buy products and services from us both in store and online. This is so that we can complete your order, but we won’t use your personal information for marketing purposes unless you agree for us to do this. If you follow us on social media we may gather your information.
By entering your details in the fields on nicholaswylde.com you enable Nicholas Wylde (Goldsmith) Ltd and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. If you contact us through our website, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Please remember that you allow us to use your personal information when you use our website.
3. Personal Information
Your privacy is important to us and so we will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party for the use of the information for other purposes than described in this policy. We may give your personal information to our trusted service partners for delivering services to you. For instance, for the purposes of marketing, finance, advertising, processing payment, delivery and other in-store and out of store services.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is stored securely. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected when it is sent outside of Nicholas Wylde (Goldsmith) Ltd
4. What we do with the personal information you provide to us?
We use the information you give to us in a few different ways:
- Processing orders. To process your order ensuring that the personal and financial information you provide is accurate. For this, we use payment systems of trusted third parties, to ensure that your payment is safe and that your details are not being used fraudulently. We use systems of fraud analysis which ensure that genuine and accurate payment details are being provided for any purchase.
- Delivery of orders. We use trusted third-party service providers for delivering orders to you. We will share your personal information provided to us with them for example name, delivery preferences and delivery address to ensure that the products and services you buy from us are delivered to the correct address.
- Keeping you updated. If you have opted in to receive our email newsletter we will use your personal information to send you emails on our products and services. You can unsubscribe from our email list and from all future mailings by clicking on ‘Unsubscribe from this list’ in the footer of the email.
- Data Storage. We may store and process the information you provide to us for a period of time to enable to us to assist with any potential product faults, returns or complaints and to ensure that any allegation of fraudulent use of identity can be properly investigated in the future. There will be a legal obligation for you to provide us with some personal details for some services we offer, if you do not provide that information we may not be able to offer those services. Personal information may be given at your own discretion, if you prefer not to give your personal details we may not be able to provide you with our usual service.
Website and customer user improvements. We collect information to determine how to improve our site by seeing which areas, features and products are most popular. We also keep track of the domains from which people visit us. We analyse this data for trends and statistics.
- Fraud prevention. To prevent fraud or other criminal activity and to make sure your information is accurate, we may pass on the information we have about you to other companies, retailers, financial organisations or other organisations specialising in the prevention of fraud and crime. We are sometimes obligated to disclose the information we have about customers to law enforcement agencies where an allegation has been made of suspected criminal activity.
- Statistical analysis. We may use the information we collect from you to analyse how you shop and what you shop for. Please see further information about this in our Cookies section below.
5. Storage of personal information
We keep the personal information we collect about you in secure environments by using the services of third party companies. We work with website storage service providers and our website developers to help store and manage personal data obtained from our website and social media.
If you have subscribed to receive our customer newsletter email we work with third party provider Mailchimp who store your name and email address.
We use CCTV in our stores for the purposes of safety and crime detection and monitoring. We only store the information collected by CCTV for a period of time which allows us to assist regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies. This information is kept in secure environments and access is restricted to Management personnel.
7. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to and from third party websites. These websites have their own privacy policies. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please make sure that you read their privacy policies before you submit any information to these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies.
8. No longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes?
If you do not wish to be contacted about our products or services, you can unsubscribe by emailing us at email@example.com, or simply follow the unsubscribe link provided in marketing emails you receive from us. You can unfollow us at any time to stop seeing our social media posts.
9. To update your records or access your information
If you find that the personal information we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for instance, you may have changed your name, address etc.) then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can correct it. You can also contact us on this email address if you would like to know what information Nicholas Wylde (Goldsmith) Ltd holds about you, we will provide you with that information within 30 days of receiving the request. If you are not satisfied with our response you have a right to complain to the ICO, https://ico.org.uk.
To find out more information concerning GDPR and UK data protection in general please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk.
10. Analytics & Cookies
The anonymous information generated by Google Analytics cookies about your use of this website is transmitted to Google. This statistical information is processed to compile statistical reports on website activity for this site. This information helps us to optimise our content to better meet the needs of our customers. We may in the future also use other similar cookies to track the same information using other third-party advertising providers.
To Disable Cookies
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated?hl=en, you can also opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings via this link or permanently using a browser plug.